Sunday, October 2, 2016

Great Expectations


I often call myself an admirer of art in all its weird and strange forms. So when I caught wind of the news that there was going to be a subject revolving around it, I was nothing short of elated. The fact that it would be about Philippine art made it seem 100 times better. However, with this new subject comes unfamiliarity, and unfamiliarity comes with expectations. So without further ado, here are my expectations on this term's course:

1) To have fun
Art is always something I've always associated with fun. Whether it be a form of catharsis or self-expression, it has always been something that would turn my frown upside down. I believe that this class can serve as a fresh breath of air and a break from the stress that I'd normally deal with at school.

2) To make
I'm really looking forward to the making aspect of this course. Art and I have never really meshed well together, but we do try to get along. I want to be able to make things, whether it be a simple popup book or an intricate sculpture. It is a craft that I really want to develop and I think that through the vessel that is this subject, I may be able to fulfill this goal.

3) To learn
Ultimately, the point of having a class is to learn. I really look forward to learning more about art, especially Philippine art. I want to be able to get more in touch with our colourful and diverse culture and learn more in the process.

And that concludes this blog post! My goals are quite simple, but I believe that this class will have no problem in delivering them!

No comments:

Post a Comment